You can make a big difference volunteering at Today’s Harvest! We depend on incredible volunteers like you to help run our markets.
Volunteer with Today’s Harvest
Today’s Harvest is the first of its kind model for increasing food access in our community. We rely on the hard work of generous and dedicated volunteers like you for everything we do.
We need your help to to pick up rescued food, sort and stock food, and help our shoppers. We ask that most volunteers commit to serving two or more shifts per month, though many of our volunteers serve more than once a week. Please keep in mind that most positions at Today’s Harvest require being on your feet on a concrete floor throughout your shift.
- Organizing and sorting fresh produce, deli, meat, frozen food, and dairy products
- Sorting donations
- Helping unload food from delivery and food rescue trucks
- Stocking and organizing shelves
- Organizing food rescue displays and restocking the market throughout service
- “Backroom” help, breaking down boxes, taking out trash and organic waste, etc.
- Greeting shoppers, helping with shopping experience, and answering questions about market
- Helping shoppers with check-out/data entry process,
- Cleaning and sanitize carts and baskets between shoppers
- Helping with language translation
We also welcome volunteers who are interested in serving in other capacities on specialty tasks, like building maintenance, photography, or graphic design. If you have skills to share, let us know!
If you are ready to jump in and volunteer, please fill out a Volunteer Application Form to get started. We would love to have you join our team!
If you have any questions, see Volunteer FAQ or feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.